The client had more than 50 people deployed at their various stores who were responsible for delivering a delightful customer experience. They were to interact with the customer who walked into the store with any query and resolve the query satisfactorily. Post query resolution they had to pitch mobile internet plans to the customer or upsell incase the customer was already an internet user.
The client felt that these customer facing employees needed to be upskilled on behavioral skills, selling skills and product skills for which they approached Channelplay.
The primary challenge with the project was to deliver consistent improvement for each participant with appropriate tracking and measurement mechanisms at every step. This improvement was to be delivered over a period of 3 quarters.
- The project started with a baselining exercise for all the participants. It involved online assessment, group discussion and personal interview to judge a participant’s current level in terms of knowledge, verbal communication and non-verbal communication.
- Baseline assessment was followed by full-day classroom sessions for which the content was prepared as per the findings of the baseline assessment.
- Post classroom training, in-store sessions were conducted to resolve issues/queries of the participants and to deliver brief refresher modules.
- The learning and evaluation did not stop here and the in-store training was followed by online training and assessment.
Significant improvement was observed in the participants over the baseline metrics. The client was pleased with the outcome and recommended a pan India roll out. Key highlights of the program were as follows:
- Improvement was observed after every training intervention
- Product knowledge improved by more than 30 percentage points
- Selling skills improved by 35 percentage points
- Behavioral skills improved by 25 percentage points