Laljee Godhoo & Co., one of India’s oldest food ingredient manufacturers, wanted to conduct a market research to expand its business by generating leads of potential distributors across pre-identified potential Indian cities.
The project involved identifying top FMCG distributors in select cities, analyzing them on integral parameters and understanding their willingness to distribute LG Hing.
- Bifurcating target cities into important areas/pin codes
- Covering a sample of Kirana retailers from each area
- Extracting longlist of FMCG distributors from Kirana retailers
- Scheduling meetings with distributors to gather relevant information
Channelplay provided a distributor score to client which was defined based on a variety of information which was gathered from the distributors like:
- Reach in terms of number of POS & strength areas
- Categories & brands distributed
- Infrastructure – warehouses & logistics facility
- Trade terms & schemes
- Number of years into business
- Willingness to distribute LG Hing
Distributors scores acted as a ready information for client’s Sales & Distribution team and also defined priority in terms of engaging with the top distributors of target cities.