Keus Automation, a startup into home automation lighting, wanted to conduct a supply side research to understand the current market scenario & industry offerings. The research covered the following supply side stakeholders:
- Integrators (home automation/lighting)
- Lighting retailers
- General electrical stores
- Designer lighting stores
- Home automation companies
- An initial pilot round was conducted to understand the category & products’ availability across channels to frame the questionnaire for all stakeholders.
- Appointments were scheduled with the sellers of home automation to benchmark the features offered and limitations of the products & their companies.
- All segments of retailers were covered to capture the variety of solutions provided by relevant competitors into the home automation space.
- Monthly sales of each category of lighting across stakeholders
- Most sold & purchased categories, products & its variants
- Consumer segmentation & profiles with their needs
- Price-feature analysis
- Competition intensity
- After sales services along with warranty & AMC of products
- Unmet requirements & expectations of consumers