Client is into manufacturing of industrial footwear & workwear and planned to enter into tyre retailing for two & three-wheeler vehicles. Hence, they wanted to conduct market research which would act as an input for their retail strategy. The objective of the project was to map the following:
- Current size of the market along with past and projected growth
- Key growth drivers, challenges, entry & exit barriers, anti-dumping scenario
- Brand preference, most selling brands, pricing, service terms, trade terms
- Market reach of distributors & sales trend
- Retail strategy guidelines
- A thorough research was carried out to understand micro & macro level factors governing the tyre market, entry-exit barriers, import-export & anti-dumping scenario and key growth drivers & challenges.
- A primary research was conducted across retailers, distributors and industry experts to gauge market sizing, current & projected growth rate, operating model and competition intensity.
- Moreover, potential distributors were identified and evaluated in order to tie-up & venture into the market.
- The research captured the existing tyre market scenario providing an India-level overview along with specific market level insights.
- It also provided inputs for strategy formulation for the client in terms of accessible opportunity size, sourcing model (manufacture/import), break-even analysis, product proposition, warranty terms, operating & distribution model and branding & promotion.