The objective was to ascertain how Market Operating Price (MOP) varies across the client’s retail network vis-à-vis competition. To understand the market behaviour, mystery shopping was conducted to gauge the following:
- Brand preference
- Price variations (Two/ Four wheeler batteries)
The challenges faced in planning were:
- Validating the price quotations shared by the shopper with relevant proofs.
- Presenting the quantitative analysis of the price variations to the client.
The approach adopted to successfully deliver the scope of work was as under:
- A questionnaire was designed to objectively measures the price variations.
- Extensive training was provided to the shoppers about the mandatory check points to be captured.
- Mystery shops were backed up by audio recordings to validate the brand preference and price offered by the retailers.
- Reports were presented so as to capture a vivid picture of the outlets to the management.
A detailed report was shared with the client mentioning the brand preference of the retailer, reason for the brand preference over other, price quoted with exchange & without exchange, warranty for the brand as well as competition. The quantitative analysis shared enabled them to:-
- Incentivize the retailers who gave preference to their brand.
- Take action against the retailers who violated the prices.