Jaquar group is a leading Indian manufacturer of bath fittings and plumbing products. The objective was to ascertain how Market Operating Price (MOP) varies across Jaquar's retail network vis-à-vis competition, as price violation can adversely impact customers’ trust factor. Therefore, to understand the market behaviour, mystery audits were conducted to gauge discounting variations for Jaquar’s SKU’s.
The following evaluation parameters were also measured apart from the MOP check:
- Staff Grooming
- Need Assessment & Approach
- Product Knowledge & Selling Skills
- SKU level pricing of faucets and discounting pattern
- A detailed training document was created to ensure that the shoppers were well versed with different types & varieties of sanitary-ware products.
- Different scenarios & observation parameters were created and auditors were trained on the same.
- The mystery shopping experience was validated by way of various proofs – Price quotations on dealer letter head, audio recordings & visiting cards.
- Insights on the offered price as well as discounting pattern was provided to the client at an Overall, City, Store and SKU Level to create an action plan to avoid MOP breach.
- Remedial audits were performed for regular MOP defaulters and an corrective action plan was suggested.