Bvlgari, a prominent luxury watch maker, was facing price irregularities across its authorized dealers Pan India, thereby creating trust issues with consumers. To address this challenge, mystery shopping was conducted to check Market Operating prices suggested by Bvlgari and check the discounting patterns as well.
The approach adopted to successfully deliver the scope of work was as under:
- Recruiting high-income auditors, most suitable to perform luxury audits
- Given it’s a high involvement purchase, making auditors visit stores in a pair – spouse /sibling /parents /children etc.
- Training the auditors on not only the audit requirements but also imparting knowledge on watch models as well as the overall brand
- Hard negotiations with the sales executive to arrive at the best price possible
- Capturing various offers/scheme offered by the dealers
- Gathering relevant proofs like audio recording, written price quotes, SMS screenshots of the price and schemes gathered
OutcomeThe client was provided with dealer-wise discounting patterns. As per the analysis the client took necessary actions to control the price variation across dealers and cities.