The objective was to identify competency gaps, assess deviations in SOP adherence, and measure service quality across various customer touch points with a view to design sales force training around the identified issues. To address this, mystery shopping was conducted and the parameters evaluated were as follows:
- Visual Merchandizing
- Store Hygiene
- Staff grooming & selling skills
- Billing process
- Overall customer experience
Successful completion of the mystery shopping program required:
- Performing the purchase scenario in the visit.
- Conducting the activity in Tier 2 & below locations.
The approach adopted to successfully complete the same was:
- A questionnaire was designed to objectively capture the desired parameters.
- A detailed training document created to ensure shoppers were well versed with the observation parameters.
- Shoppers willing to make a purchase identified in Tier 2 & below locations by way of Facebook campaigns and referral emails & messages.
A detailed report stating the overall and section wise scores of all stores along with the key attention areas and suggestions for improvement was shared with the client which enabled them to:
- Focus on the loop holes identified and take action to improve the overall customer experience.
- Conduct sales force training basis the gap identified with respect to sales interaction.