Crompton is one of the leading consumer companies in India with a 90+ years old brand legacy with 12,000 SKUs, INR 47.5 Bn revenue, and 1800+ employees
Crompton has 2 major business units - Electricals & Pumps. Pumps division had been running an Influencer Loyalty program for its Plumbers in some identified cities but couldn’t scale up the program due to :
Low / No involvement in registrations/activations of registered Plumbers by Sales Team & dealers
Limited communication & engagement with Plumber (only SMS)
Delayed redemption approvals resulted in delayed gratification to the members.
Crompton had stopped its existing program and wanted to re-initiate the same through an outsourced agency with objectives to :
Build relationships with Plumbers / Borers
Increase reach and throughput
Higher focus on engagements and value-added benefits
Crompton wanted to onboard an agency that had end-to-end Loyalty management credentials and also a rich experience in managing Influencer Loyalty Programs, especially plumbers. The vision of Crompton was to further scale up the program for different TGs like Retailers and also expand to its other business - Electricals.
Channelplay was awarded to this project due to its expertise and past success in delivering highly scalable, agile, and successful Influencer Loyalty Programs. Channelplay also presented its USPs as a Loyalty solution provider :
- Field Enrolments cum KYC collection and validation
- Strategy, consulting & program design
- State-of-the-art Loyalty Tech Platform
- Adaptive rewards & privileges
Below mentioned are some of the key highlights of the program being executed for Crompton:
- Creation of unique QR Codes for each of the client's SKUs for their pumps division, with back-end mapping of each against an alphanumeric code and related points.
- Developing a native mobile app to enable the Plumbers to scan the QR code and review their performance.
- Working in close coordination with different sales / IT/marketing stakeholders
- Integrating the Loyalty tech platform with Crompton's existing Dealer app.
- Setting up of helpdesk/contact center for seamless communication with each member in the program.
- Publishing reports to concerned stakeholders will all the required information
- Mechanism to refer Plumbers by Sales Team, Retailers as well as existing Plumbers
- Configuring Email and SMS alert to the concerned stakeholders with important action points
- Building emotional connections through wishes and activities on their important days
- Reward management with a religious TAT for procurement & disbursement.
Through its USPs, Channelplay was also able to deploy Field Engagement Executives (FEEs), across 5 major clusters of Crompton. Their primary responsibilities are :
- Reach out to the dealer network of that cluster and receive plumber data.
- Meet & greet plumbers and inform them about the benefits of the program.
- Increase enrollments/registrations in the program.
- Ensure maximum enrolled plumbers are transacting on the program and stay active Month-on-month.
With a thoughtful approach, configurable technology, collaborative approach, and swift execution, Channelplay has been able to provide traction to the Plumber loyalty program via:
- Helping the client to build and scale reliable influencer data for targeted communication and engagement.
- Increasing throughput per plumber.
- Building trust within the channel partners through regular meets by FEEs and online connections with the helpdesk team.
- Eliminating pilferage by introducing a unique QR Code-based transactions
- Enabling instant gratification as an option for the influencer.