In the diverse and dis-aggregated retail landscape of India, handling channel conflict is a huge challenge for any large scale player. Channel conflict results in dissonance among trade and consumers and adversely affects the bottom-line. Identifying potential conflict points early and taking corrective action was highly important in this context for our client.
To identify the market operating price, Channelplay with help of mystery shopping did a market operating price audit for the client.
Operating on a large scale across country and ensuring deliverables within the agreed timelines was the most critical aspect of the project.
Along with developing a network of skilled freelance auditors conversant with consumer electronics, further challenges were:
- Training the auditors in price negotiations to capture the best possible price from retailer
- Auditor shuffling to ensure new auditor for every visit
- Assuring good quality of voice recordings captured via a hidden voice recorder
We successfully executed the program with below highlights:
- 2500+ stores covered every month across 150+ cities
- Market operating price audit done for 5 product categories
- Detailed store report prepared which included market operating price, voice recordings and photographs
- Report made available online