The client wanted to benchmark following parameters against its competition:
- Product quality and packaging quality
- End-to-end processes from order placement to product return & refund
- Logistics partner evaluation and delivery executive experience
- Customer care responsiveness and problem resolution mechanism
- Consumer expectations on service standards versus actual experience
- Product/service selection - Similar products/services were selected across competition to avoid any bias in final outcome.
- Auditor selection - Auditors were selected across age-groups, income segments and geographies in the target cities.
- Audit to auditor ratio - Based on past experience, an appropriate audit to auditor ratio was maintained to avoid auditor fatigue.
- Data collection & quality check - Adequate systems were established to enable real-time data collection and cleaning.
- Data analysis & reporting - It involved critical evaluation of practices followed at other companies, and identification of benchmarks that could inspire superior performance. The analysis was done at various levels like category, city-tier and order fulfilment.
The insights from the study helped the clients on the following aspects:
- Identified positives and pain points/focus areas across product and process parameters
- Identified market leader across product and process parameters based on benchmarks established
- Established/modified processes for activities where there was no process