The client, a major player in the highly competitive FMCG segment, approached Channelplay with following objectives in mind:
- Validating the existing store coverage basis surrogates present in the store
- Expanding the direct coverage to three times of the existing coverage
- Creating optimized daily route plan for all salesmen using latitude-longitude information
The key activities in project execution were as follows:
- For leading the project, people having relevant experience were picked from the FMCG industry.
- A career path was created for the field force by transitioning them onto distributor payrolls post completion of the program.
- To avoid missing stores the teams used GPS visualizers, current coverage data and inputs from industry experts and local salesmen.
- Dedicated sales reps were deployed to avoid duplicity and using the right technology duplicate stores were rejected in real time.
- Store data collected by the field force was audited by Team Leaders who physically visited and verified 15% of the stores.
- Leveraging technology and industry experience optimized route plans were created for the field force using latitude-longitude coordinates.
The program was successful in meeting its objectives and the key highlights were as follows:
- Direct coverage expanded to three times the original coverage
- 100% growth of active retailers was achieved in the first month of operation