One of the most renowned diagnostic companies of India was looking for a tried and tested Sales Force Automation solution for its corporate sales team. They are a reputed brand name in the healthcare sector with pan-India presence and managing more than 500 labs. One of the major growth drivers for the company has been partnership, corporate tie-ups etc. and the sales team was responsible for firming those existing accounts as well as hunting for new deals. As the team was growing, client was looking for a mobility based SFA solution which will not only give them a visibility of activities performed by the sales team, but will also help in improving sales team’s productivity by automating lot of their regular work. Also, client was very skeptical in finalizing a solution as a similar initiative with a well-know SFA solution few months prior was not successful as the vendor did not understand the requirement / problem statement in detail and made promises which were never fulfilled.
It was a challenging implementation for sure. What client was asking for was best of CRM and Field Force software in one single solution. Typically, the mobility-based SaaS products are meant for FMCG / Beverage industry (or industries which are having a similar sales process) and they don’t fit into typical B2B sales process. Similarly, most of the available Sales CRM softwares doesn’t have FMCG specific features such as Beat Planning, Attendance etc. But, 1Channel team was up to the challenge as we knew that we have a product which is highly configurable and we have a engineering team which can deliver new product feature real quick without compromising on the quality. Some of the key steps taken to meet client’s end objective are as follows:
- Multiple rounds of discussion with senior stakeholders to finalize the app workflow and reporting requirement
- All additional custom developments were identified and categorized into two phases basis the priority
- Implementation, which includes master data validation, upload and workflow configurations, and the custom development started parallelly in order to meet the timeline committed to client
- User friendly mobile app workflow was configured for sales team to capture daily attendance, meeting notes, business discussion, revenue generation etc.
- App workflows were further customized depending on the category and channel of the accounts
- A two-week long pilot was run for selected users to gather end-user feedback and to further fine-tune the app workflow
- Exhaustive trainings were conducted to ensure no hiccups post launch
- An interactive dashboard was created to show all relevant summarized information including daily attendance summary, total visits by channel, daily call summary by sales executive etc.
- Regular progress report in terms of system usage was shared with client to drive the adoption
Successful implementation of 1Channel SFA solution yielded significant results for the company within few months of going live. The key highlights are as follows:
- Significant growth in new accounts within first 3 months of go-live
- Significant increase in number of visits done by each sales executive
- Mobile app adoption increased from 25% in the first month to more than 95% in the 4th month
- Daily planning of SEs ensured a much more disciplined and productive sales force on the field
- Visibility of meeting details helped in planning follow-up steps for each account
- An all-important dashboard enabling key stakeholders to make important decisions