Flipkart, one of the major players in Indian E-commerce market, wanted to understand the experience of its sellers on a grass-root level by conducting a competition benchmarking.The evaluation parameters involved:
- Marketplace portal & Its features
- Marketplace seller support
- Cost of doing business
- Communication & training from marketplace
- Seller satisfaction & their recommendation
- NPS across different tiers of sellers
The whole project was divided into two phases of tele-surveys along with a round of in-depth interviews to capture qualitative as well as quantitative feedback.
- A multi-lingual calling team was setup to cater to seller’s comfort of sharing their experience while communicating in their local dialect.
- An adequate proportion of sellers basis turnover tiers & categories were surveyed to capture balanced & diverse results.
- A process to take appointments for face-to-face in-depth & telephonic interviews was followed.
- The results of telephonic surveys were utilised to create a cohesive in-depth interview questionnaire.
The findings of the research generated the following insights for the client:
- Sellers profiling based on nature of business, turnover, marketplace preferred vs regular seller, etc.
- Category & marketplace exposure
- Revenue across different marketplace with respect to turnover tiers and category
- Sellers satisfaction about marketplace portal, services and support they offer
- Service satisfaction difference between FBA (Fulfilled by Amazon) & FA (Flipkart Assured)
- NPS across categories and relevant action points for improvement