As a pre-launch research, a B2B food delivery start-up wanted conduct concept feasibility survey amongst the corporates based out of Bengaluru.
The objective of the study was to identify the acceptability of a food service which had features such as full customization (ingredient, oil and spice-level), wide menu, live-streaming kitchen, online ordering , dedicated customer care etc. and the premium such value-adds commanded.
The sub-objective was to gauge the current vendor arrangement, satisfaction level with current vendor and future expectations.
- The study included only those companies which had a tie up with vendors for a specified number of thalis per day. Companies which had in-house kitchen/food-court and companies where there was no food arrangement were excluded from the survey.
- Further shortlisting was done basis employee strength and equal coverage was ensured across organizations with low, medium and high employee strength.
- Appointments were schedules with Admin/HR professionals who were taking care of food requirement of employees.
- Our surveyors also engaged with employees at touchpoints like tea shops where employees visited for small breaks.
- Based on research insights, client assessed the food options available with the corporates, their satisfaction level with the vendors and the features which acted as decisive factors in selecting a vendor.
- The client excluded the features which got neutral or low rating and increased focus on features which commanded a premium.
- All promotional communication efforts were also redirected accordingly.