The client, one of India’s leading Direct to Home (DTH) television operator, wanted to assess the stock availability and status of key products to ensure that its was equipped to optimally meet the demand of its products while ensuring minimum investment in working capital. With a view to evaluate the physical stock available with its pan India distributor network and to drive consequent actions basis the same, they undertook stock audits pan India.
The approach adopted to successfully deliver the scope of work was as under:
- All assigned distributors across Tier 5 and Tier 6 cities were evaluated on the basis of stock availability across various categories of Set Top Box, Dish Antenna, Wire, Low Noise Blocks, Hard disk and Pen drive.
- Individual stock count for above mentioned categories was done under different heads like purchase method (paid/ loan/ swap), physical stock, stock on field for demo, stock with engineer, stock with sub-dealers.
- The stock count was validated with pictures.
Some of the challenges faced were:
- All audits at 165 locations across tier 5 & 6 Cities were to be completed in 15 days.
- Processing & validating large number of photographic and document proofs within short span of time.
OutcomesThe audits were conducted, and a detailed physical count report was shared with the client which helped them to monitor and properly manage their Inventory system across all distributors in India.