Distributors form a key link in the supply chain network and play a pivotal role in getting the products on the shelves of retailers. Therefore it is essential that they should be satisfied with the policies defined and have a favorable working environment for business growth. Our client wanted to evaluate satisfaction levels of 2000+ distributors across 1500+ towns. The key parameters included:
- Market support provided by the company
- Effectiveness of merchandising & promotion schemes
- Training in sales planning
- Complaint resolution
- Account settlement policies
- Ordering and logistics
- Product quality
- Return on investment
Due to the vast geographical spread of the study, the project required extensive ground-level planning and coordination.
- Surveyor selection & training - Experienced surveyors who had conducted distributor surveys in past were appointed & trained by the Channelplay project team. Mock assessment of each surveyor was carried out to ensure the required level of understanding.
- Beat route mapping - Channelplay prepared beat route plans for all surveyors to ensure maximum coverage in minimum time.
- Data collection & quality check - Real-time data collected from auditors was filtered through various quality check mechanisms to ensure its validity and authenticity.
- Data analysis & insight generation - A scoring mechanism was established for each assessment parameter and insights were generated region-wise and territory-wise.
- The study was successful in capturing the satisfaction levels among distributors on a pan India level.
- It revealed various pain points of distributors and helped the client in identifying the improvement areas.
- Basis the study findings, client introduced changes in existing policies as well as launched new initiatives to improve distributor satisfaction levels.