One of the largest global FMCG companies was looking for a Sales Force Automation solution in Kuwait in order to boost up its sales for some of its beverage products. In the highly competitive FMCG market of Middle East, it was getting very important for them to track promoter performance, daily sales, product display and other hygiene in all major outlets across different retail chains such as Lulu, Carrefour, Xcite, COOPS, TSC etc. other than an easy to use app that meets all their requirement and works fine in both iOS and Android devices, they also wanted a highly interactive dashboard and daily email based automated reports which will enable them to take quick actions.
With vast experience of working with middle-east as well as FMCG clients and presence of a highly capable implementation team in Gulf, 1Channel team was up to the task immediately after the project was rewarded. Easily customizable mobile app workflow, advanced dashboarding capability and already built-in numerous real-time alerts ensured that 1Channel was a perfect solution for what client was looking for. After doing necessary configurations and minor customizations with seven working days, the team flew to Kuwait to train the end users and make the system live. Some of the key steps taken to meet client’s end objective are as follows:
- Held multiple web-conference with key stakeholders to understand their concern with the retail sales team and what reports or alerts will be immediate call-to-action for them
- Implemented geo-tagged and time-stamped attendance feature to track promoter discipline
- Rolled out an easy and intuitive sales reporting workflow to capture units sold for each SKU along with unit price
- Separate mobile app workflow was developed for supervisors to capture their outlet visits, promoter hygiene, product display, sample conditions etc.
- Developed an interactive dashboard to get a quick snapshot of promoter performance, MTD Sales by Product Category, Comparative sales analysis across product categories, top/bottom performing promoters and out of stock SKUs
- Automated email reports were configured to send daily sales, attendance and stock reports to supervisors and other stakeholders
- Regular interaction with client stakeholder and frequent visit to Kuwait to drive system adoption both at promoter level and at management level
With successful implementation of 1Channel solution, in-store promoters started reporting attendance, sales and stock data without any hassle and client could get complete visibility and insight of its sales operations across different outlets of Kuwait. The key highlights are as follows:
- Significant improvement in promoter discipline and hygiene
- Automation of lot of daily tasks of the promoters freeing them up to focus more on sales
- Tangible improvements in transaction reporting through SFA within first 3 months
- Supervisors and managers focusing more on course correction and strategic decisions rather than collating data over Whatsapp or E-mail
- Quick replenishment of stock based on out-of-stock / critical stock information
- An all-important dashboard enabling key stakeholders to make important decisions